Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Brace Face


After 31 years of looking beautiful, I am about to start a 3 year program that will render me even more handsome. (Hold on to your knickers ladies, I am about to go up to "eleven"). Yesterday my orthodontist affixed braces to my upper teeth. Hopefully, this will correct my jutting overbite and return my teeth to where they belong -- above, not in front, of my lower incisors.

It is an odd thing to share more than one thing with teenagers. Besides kicking their collective ass on Halo 2 Multiplayer, now we all share the same metal smile. The ortho assistant fastened grey rubbers around each bracket. It seems that for my face, this color is the most discreet one; this is because my beard and hair also have lots of grey. Grey hair, grey beard, grey teeth... No I'm not that boring, I promise!

2 Comments:

Blogger pughd said...

Dude, that x-ray of your mouth is really frakked up. Your bicuspids and molars aren't even in the picture. It looks like you've got a pig's mouth, or maybe a goat?

Personally I'm just going to stick with my screwed up smile. It makes me look British and chicks dig that anyway.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Que-ni said...

I always thought of my profile as llama-like.

Dude, I didn't even look British; I looked Saxon -- British minus a 1000 years of technological advancements in tooth and oral hygiene care.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home