Sunday, April 09, 2006

"Set your Charm on Stun"

"You think that I just don't understand,
Ampersand after Ampersand" (Steven Merritt, The Magnetic Fields)

It has been a while since I posted, and so, and so, and so.

I was going to make a blog entry last week, and then I got overwhelmed with a conference paper that was due over the weekend.

It is easy to come up with excuses. I think that if I deserve a PhD in anything, it should be in how to whip up an excuse on cue. Often, these are even handed to me by others:

"You look really tired, have you gotten any rest lately? Don't work too hard!"

"Say, that is good advice" and then I concluded, "I AM going to take it easy".

The formula for "great" social science is the correct and plausible use of "& then, & then, & then" This is to establish, what we call in the biz, a causation-relationship between two seemingly related occurrences -- however,
post hoc ergo propter hoc.

As I said before, I was going to make a blog entry last week, and then I got overwhelmed with a conference paper that was due over the weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rex said...

Good to see a new post. For once, Bob is not the first one to leave a comment!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Bob Dively said...

Damn, my blog-fu must need a recharge.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home