Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I am NOT a Wig! You ARE!

It seems that not washing my hair for two days leaves it with a coarseness and volume that resembles a wig. While having coffee with Scrappy, an ol’ acquaintance surprised me from behind as he tried to give me a "hair-do".

What really surprised me was not that someone decided to grab me in public, but that this specific person was doing it. It had been a long time since we had seen each other, and the (welcomed) distance that had grown between us had been set through a natural course of events; it was an equilibrium distance.

For me, friends can be like planetoids that revolve around a central sun (I thank Meta-square-d for this meta-4 ). We are all the celestial centers of our universe, but as we enter into other peoples' universes we are transformed into the revolving planetoids for their suns. We are all both, no one is exempt.

The planetary physics: for these planetoids to become fertile with life, they have to have their own unique set of characteristics and float within an acceptable range from the center. That way the proper amount of solar energy for that uniquely configured planet will foment life.

Too much distance and the proto-planet will freeze. Too close and the proto-planet with burn

When the ol' acquaintance rang his fingers through my hair, he was acting Venus-like when he should have been more Uranus-like. He stepped in a couple of orbits too close.

The end result, he told me that my hair looked and felt plastic, like a Wig; I thought in response that his friendliness looked and felt plastic, like a Wig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home